Continuing with the projects we have been working on, let´s talk about Taihu.
About Taihu Great Learning Center:
Taihu Centre is run based on these four concepts:
• Taihu Centre has contracts and cooperates with local and overseas universities and cultural groups.
• Now they are contributing to the research and promotion of traditional Chinese culture. And they are focusing on promoting the importance of social and young children’s education.
• They approach the concepts with an open mind and use modern technology to understand the substance and essence of eastern and western cultural science and humanities to achieve mastery through comprehensive study of these subjects.
• The most important thing in religion and culture is study and understanding so the centre doesn’t hold any religious events.
Wujiang Taihu International School ：
Wujiang Taihu International School is a boarding school from K-9, located next to Tai Lake an hour drive from Suzhou. The campus is located in a quiet area with beautiful surroundings. Students are free to learn and grow in this natural and comfortable environment. The main teaching techniques are based on a combination of European outdoor and experiential methods and the systems thinking approach from America, leading to more open-minded style of education. Wujiang Taihu International School also includes Master Nan’s teaching concepts on humanities.
• Combine traditional Chinese education with western experiential education.
• Use knowledge gained through life science to practice the spirit of humanity.
Program combine physical, mental and spiritual aspects to form a learning environment where we educate kids to be open minded, healthy, have good ethics and get a good academic education.
A group of five people started working in the school offering different workshops for the children, such as spanish language lessons and environmental awareness sessions. After being there one month, we organized a three day´s trip for all the LEINNers to the Great School. The first day we had the chance to receive meditation lessons. The second day we did a birthgibing in teams (Akkua and TaZEBAez) for Sami (director of the School) with the aim of improving the efficiency and creativity of the workers in the school, and also thinking on how to get more international teachers. We presented the work to some of the teachers and we received a really constructive feedback. It was really an emotive moment. The third day we organized a day to play with children and take advantage of teaching more about the spanish language. We spend all the day with them playing different games and doing different funny dynamics, and we also had the chance to eat freshly cooked potato omelette. We finished the day with a music festival dancing all together chinese and basque dances, really powerful!